Jun 27, 2011

Who to pair Ahsoka with?

Ahsoka as the Chosen one by raikoh14
(Picture not by me, credit and link to original in caption)

Everyone loves (or maybe not) Ahsoka. I do, and I think she's a really good character. Good padawan, and first major female main character. (Leia and Padmé didn't get enough action to count)
Still, Star Wars is filled with males, new ones being introduced in almost every episode of TCW, and the existing ones have personalities that formerly only existed in books or video games.
Many fans love shipping, and Ahsoka is just one person in the giant Love Dodecahedron that includes probably all characters EVER mentioned in GFFA canon. (+ fan characters, but that's whole 'nother thing)
From that, I get to my point. Ahsoka gets paired with almost any male(or female) who appears in same scene as she. Earliest must have been Anakin, Rex and Obi-Wan probably close behind. After the movie, the list has exploded.
First season gave us... more clones, Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, Riyo Chuchi, Padme etc. I could come up with lengthy explanations for everyone, but I'll leave that for now.
Second season gave us more bounty hunters, like Cad Bane; Barriss Offee, Boba Fett, and probably numerous other characters.
Ahsoka was shipped with Shaak Ti even before season 3, and S3 gave us at least Lux, Son(it must exist), Kalifa and the two other younglings, still more clones(they were even named!). These lists could go on forever. Even Padmé isn't shipped this much. And she is shipped with Palpatine. That is all.

Okay, part two. What I think about these pairings:
AnakinxAhsoka: They're okay to ship. About 3-5 years of age gap*, and they have same similar personalities. They are at least attracted to each other in canon. And hey, you can't argue that they sometimes argue like a married couple :'D
Obi-WanxAhsoka: more age gap... 21 years to be exact. Obi-Wan was Anakin's master and they still do missions together, so... why not.
RexxAhsoka: Why not? I think Rex looks 21 and doesn't seem to age**, so he and Ahsoka have around 5 years of age gap. Rex was among the first people Ahsoka spoke to during Christophis operation, so hte support for this pairing is great. Also, Anakin is taken, Obi-Wan is technically(Satine/Jedi Code), so who we do have left of the ones Ahsoka frequently sees?
Cad BanexAhsoka: Just... WTF. Honestly, I can't see this "pairing" as anything else than a forced one-night stand, if you know what I mean.
BobaxAhsoka: Well, at least one pairing with the age gap to different direction. Ahsoka is at least three years older than Boba. And even to this, I say: why not? When they're older, after Order 66, Ahsoka is trying to make a living... And she will grow up to be quite a beauty, so if Boba doesn't recognize her, they could be lovers, maybe even working partners. Force sensibility would make tracking easier on close distances.
I won't give my views about Lux and Son, both are too new to think anything decent about.
Next, girls:
PadméxAhsoka: Anakin already has them both, so why not make it a three-way? OT3 probably for many, aside from Obi-Wan/Anakin/Padmé or anything similar...
BarrissxAhsoka: Almost proofed by canon ;P Braininvaders, anyone?
ChuchixAhsoka: So where did this come from? They're in like one episode, friends, that's all.
AnyonexAhsoka: everything exists: Yoda, Shaak Ti, random creatures, etc.

* Anakin is 18 or 19 in AotC, and 20 or 21, maybe 22 is RotS. (My memory isn't very accurate in this) Ahsoka is 14 in TCW movie, and I consider her older model to be 15 or 16. Anakin doesn't look like he's aged, so he must still be around 19-20 in S3. That's my explanation. (Besides, keeping Anakin continuously the same age helps to ship him with Ahsoka, because if he's like 20 in S3, and Ahsoka is 16 by then, so that would be a normal relationship.)
** Rex is probably actually around 20, but in my RJO where he's a normal human, he's 21. I know that didn't make sense, but who cares. He should look at least 22 in S3, due to the accelerated growth of the clones, but he looks just as young as in the movie.

Ending this like that because I have to go to bed by now, before my mom comes home and finds me on computer.

3 comments:

  1. Where is there any Ahsoka/Padme? That's my favorite pairing, by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahsoka/Bane grosses me out to no end D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Ahsoka fell for Anakin at one point in the show but people still need to respect that Padme and Anakin where right for each other in the end.

    ReplyDelete