Sep 19, 2011

I'm gonna go rot in hell

I got The Last Airbender from library. Also, I reserved(is that the right word?) all the seasons - dubbed to Finnish, of course. I have them in English on my computer.

And why did I got so suddenly interested in A:tLA? I don't know either :D I was mildly interested when I started digging in TVTropes, but here the SW-effect stuck - in reverse. You see, I almost decided not to see Angels&Demons in theatre when I heard Ewan McGregor was in it. I went anyways, after reading there would be burning involved with his character. And I read that from a serious magazine, not entertainment one. (Finland is a weird country :'D)
Anyways, when I found out Mark Hamill was voicing someone in AtLA, I was first: meh. But then, when I found out his character could shoot lighing from his hands, I was already ROLFing and desided to check the whole series XD And it was totally not a bad decicion after all. Okay, I read all the memes and Getting Crap Past the Radar-things beforehand, so I was laughing at The Drill.

I have a bad feeling that they'll have someone really young-sounding voicing Zuko in Finnish dub, because that would SO ruin my fangirling D: The dubs mostly are good/high quality, but there are some fails now and then. *coughdigimoncough* But that's then for the company to blame. The voice actors are good.

And by the way... THERE IS NO TRANSLATION FOR 'BENDING'! Damn. I have no idea what the original cover of TLA said, but the Finnish wording translates to 'have skills'... yeeah, I guessed that. -.- Sometimes Finnish works so perfectly, and other times... it does NOT. Gosh.

Though, I want so bad to hear how they did the dubbing. So I'll torture my brother this weekend. (Mind you, I'm 17 and he's 15, and he does not appreciate me watching childer's shows :D)

I'M FINALLY 17!!!!!! It feels so good to be able to say "I'm 17" and not "I'm almost 17" and not lie.

D: My Rex poster is jumping off the walls. Gotta go re-tape it so it stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment