Sep 1, 2011

Awesome fandom moments

You know that awesome feeling when you realize you've got a fandom friend you didn't know about?

Yeah, happened to me today. During lunchtime.

My friend(let's call her Suzie) came late, and had her phone on the tray(half of the girls in our school do that) so I remembered I was supposed to sens a text message to my other friend. I explained to Suzie that my ohone had been offline for 1½ weeks, because I lost the charger. I sent the message and put my phone on the table, explaining that I also changed the theme. It featured a picture of Ahsoka, and my friend said: "Hey, I know that character!" I took a moment for it to sink, but then I said: "You watch TCW?" She said she didn't, but her brothers did and she sometimes ended up watching it with them. Cue me explaining my obsession to her the rest of the lunchtime.
I mean, how often do things like this happen? You randomly explain something to your friend, and she gets it all because she knows what you're talking about. Also happened yesterday on Civics class(with some random girl from our class): we were doing papers of various parties, and we suddenly started talking about fanfics. She understood what I was talking about, even when I used English terms I had learned from TVTropes.org. Just how awesome is that?

And talking about fanfics, I'm writing a H/C one-shot based on Hamster-Hero's similar one. She's removed it, sadly. (Though, there's no one to accuse me of plagiarism now XD) Anyways, I hope I can write through today, and maybe upload to FF.net. I rarely write oneshots, so I hope this'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment