Jan 21, 2012

Deception: darker side of the Jedi Order

"If it were up to me, I would kill you right here! But lucky for you, the man you murdered would rather see you rot in jail."

Okay, when I first heard Obi-Wan would infiltrate a prison, my thought (unfortunately) was "Don't drop the soap." (too much A:tLA fics, then >.<) Then I saw the preview and wondered who the hell had died. Non-brainer, really, with Anakin's sith-face, but still. (And the preview in the end of Kadavo pretty much gave this away.) So this morning I jumped up at 9:30am(2:30am Atlantic coast, fyi.) and went to my faithful source of TCW episodes, Mastertoons.

Oh boy did I die. My mom, in another room, asked whether I was crying or laughing. After the funeral scene, I literally grinned as Obi-Wan showed Mace the bullet-proof vest. Why don't Jedis use those all the time? They'd be almost invincible! (Certain Master Di comes to mind...)

Anyway, I was scared as heck when Obi-Wan's face changed. (Once again! Force dammit, Filoni stop this >.<) But I was giggling at bald Obi-Wan XD

Quote at the top comes from Anakin. I didn't hear that in the episode, but this made me think - does Anakin respect Obi-Wan and his teachings more now that he's dead? And Ahsoka had a good sith-face there, too.
To put this in perspective, how often does Obi-Wan see Anakin in this state of mind? Even on Mortis Anakin wasn't this angry, more like sad and grieving. But here, it was full-blown rage! Obi-Wan must have been scared himself!

And then to the prison. I wasn't paying attention, because I greatly dislike prison settings, so I missed Boba. (Episode guide clarified it, but it doesn't look like him!) I'm not a big fan of the bounty hunters, so they added little to the experience. But hey, what's a couple of old faces in a setting full of new people?

From the next preview, I spotted Anakin threatening Obi-Wan. This made me wonder just how is Anakin going to react when he hears Obi-Wan's death was faked. My guess: first he's "what." then he's "Obi-Wan!" and then he'll threaten Yoda and Mace. And a bit later on he'll break down and start crying.
So, looking forward how accurate my guess is :D

(The title? Well I think they all know Anakin is temperamental, so why stress him with a thing like this? Even if it was test for him, it's too much to ask Anakin to let go of Obi-Wan.)

1 comment:

  1. Good point about Obi-Wan getting to see the dark side of Anakin in this episode, and also about Anakin maybe respecting his Master more after his "death".

    ReplyDelete